You run a local company. So you need to register your businesses on google. Register a business on google is an essential step towards reaching customers, making connections, and eventually growing a business.
Google My Business helps people search for businesses, services, and business information through Google. Google’s search capabilities and footprint across the web and consumer devices have made it the most popular business listing service.
Google listing your business is not only free but also one of your most important actions to improve your visibility and draw more customers. It also provides validity to your organization and makes it searchable on Google Maps. It is fast and simple to register a business on Google.
Register a New Business: Register a Business on Google
Google My Business has been through many improvements and cycles over the years. Google Maps’ early business snippets displayed only the business name and its location.
They help to rich information bars and short snippets, including everything from reviews and business postings to images and business hours.
Here I will show you the features of Google My Business pages.
Why Should You Register a Business on Google
When you register a business on google, its primary purpose is to manage and update your business information in Google Search and Google Maps. To register a online business, you can gain some benefits, which are listed below:
- Completely free to register a new business
- It is a mini-website that contains all of your contact information.
- When you register a business on google it will be mobile-friendly and look great on smartphones.
- To register a online business, you can update your info immediately
- Get statistics about people searching for your company, such as what they click and how often.
- Google Maps allows people to locate directions to your business.
- Update your hours of operation, and create a new website.
- You provide more quality and relevant information, which will help your SEO.
How to register a business on google
- If you want to register a new business then log in to your Google business account. Or, to register a online business, you can create a Google Account for your company by visiting the Google sign-in Page and choosing Create Account.
- From the My Business Homepage, choose Manage Now. Next, enter your business’s name into the search box. Choose to create a company with the name you select from the dropdown.
- Enter your business name. Select Next. You will be able later to add additional categories. Enter your company name, choose a type, and then click “Next.”
- Next, choose whether your business’s location will appear on Google Maps. Google Maps is handy if your business has an open-air restaurant or another type of business. It might not be a good idea to make that exact location public if you have a small company that is based out of your home. Choose Yes or next.
- If you’ve chosen to add your business in Google Maps, the following screen will ask you to enter your address. If you want to keep your precise location private, the following screen asks you to enter your area. Fill in the necessary information and then select Next.
- Enter your telephone number and URL and click Next.
- Go to the next page and choose whether or not you want Google Business updates and recommendations for your business. Then hit Next.
- To verify your business, enter your address. No one will be able to see this address. Enter your address and press the Next button.
- Scroll down to choose the method that will verify your business. Some verification methods are not available, depending on your business type. Mail could be one of the available methods.
Here’s how you can verify that your identity is valid for Google.
To register a new business, google mails you a physical card that includes a verification number, which will be used online to verify the information.
Google can call you and give you a verification code over the phone. This is only possible for certain businesses. Google will send the code by email. This service is not available for all businesses.
If your company has more than ten outlets, you will need to fill out an extra form. When you click on “Get verified”, click “Chain” to continue entering all the information. Google will process the request in roughly a week.
You can quickly authenticate your account if you have a Google Search Console membership and your company’s website has been confirmed via Search Console. Some company categories make this impossible.
- The next series will walk you through setting up your Google My Business profile. You can add business hours and details, set messaging permissions to allow you to send messages, write a description of your business and upload photos.
- You’ll be sent to your Google My Business Account page after completing all of the information necessary to start your business. Here you can add additional information, including a logo for your business and co-managers.
Google is changing the way consumers interact with local businesses. For businesses, Google My Business is a vital internet marketing tool. However, it’s available and accessible for anyone to use. Use this chance to market your company online and attract customers. This is how to register a business on Google using the Google My Business Tool.
I hope this guide has helped you register your business on Google more quickly and easily.
After creating your Google My Business account, you can now look at what you can do to improve your listing.